Monday, February 7, 2011

Tony & Guy Academy

Today I got a new European haircut! Okay honestly, it looks exactly the same but a trillion times more healthy. It would be far too embarassing to confess to all of you when my last haircut was. I guess I'll just let you lose sleep over that mystery. So, the hair cut was free. There's a hairdressing academy on the other side of town next to the bull fighting plaza. If you remember my previous post "snacks and maps" we tried to go the other day without many good directions. This time my "sister" showed me where it was on an actual map and I found it all alone. There were two teachers overseeing all of the students after every step and making sure no major damage was done. I don't know my hairdressers name, actually, I was so nervous inside because I felt like an obvious target so when he asked me my name I thought he asked "How are you?" and I said "Bien.. Oh my name, my name's Janice." Despite the initial break down, I felt a connection with my new hairdresser, no name friend. This is actually an understatement, I'm sure Katie would agree to that. Every since my haircut this unidentified friend of mine comes up everyday but we had a bond. My hairdresser and I understood one another even if we didn't communicate very much, he was very focused! He took a lot of time with every move he made. Let me tell you though, you clearly don't need a lot of experience to do a good job washing someone's hair. It was like a massage! Anyway, I trusted this 20 something boy with four months of experience with my hair. My haircut was just practice and he needed someone willing to take a chance on him. Everyday I am only hoping that people will trust me enough to take a chance on a conversation with me and hopefully, it will come out as well as my haircut. As for my hairdresser friend, his future looks bright!

Janice

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I erased the other post because I spelled a word wrong.

    But anyway, I'm glad your haircut is muy bien (:

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete