Monday, February 28, 2011

Gracia Espana

Yes, I am in Europe. Yes, I am at the beach. Yes, there will always be topless women...WoW. All I have to say about this subject is that if you are over 40..tops 50 or over 140 pounds, don't do it! Keep the bathing suit on Spaniards.

Funny story, So let me tell you a little bit about the little old Spanish woman we live with. Eating healthy is very very important to her, she loves her two daughters, her favorite color is green (hints her adorable bright green sweater she loves), she has taken every class you can possibly think of, from cooking to massages, she thinks that women don't need to get married and if you want children...Do not fret for technology has given us the option of paying a visit to the Doctor...yup. Every morning she listens to the news on her dinky little hand held radio and talks about all the devistating things happening in the world. She informs us about the weather and then she will explain what vitamins are in the food we are eating and how vegitables are an imortant part of your diet. I love this woman...ha. So last night she cooked us sliced potatoes, over a little bed of lettuce and topped it with slices of tomatoes, oil and vinegar...we have tomatos every day. Anyways, I was having a hard time eating this specific meal that night because she had put a lot of oil on the dish and the potatoes were really soaked in the stuff. At the end of my meal, I had possibly a sliver of a potato left and maybe a little bit of the tomato seeds...but the woman starts yelling at me! She straight up told me there are starving people in the world and i should eat everything on my plate...haha. So when she turned her back, my sassy clever roommate...yes in this point of the story Janice is solely my roommate....scrapped her left-overs on my plate, during that time our mother turned around and started laughing and said, "that's right, eat it all!"...Well, Let me tell you something, you know what I did? I ate every crumb my little Spanish fork could scoop up. .There wasn't going to be a single starving person disapointed in me! No sir. Thank you Janice Linthicum, yet again, for turning a funny sitution to a HiLaRiOuS one. I do love you. :)

This weekend was probably one of my favorite weekends; janice and i really got to know Valencia. We set out without a map into the old streets near Mercado Central and La Plaza de la Reina. We winded in and out of the skinny alleyways, passing the cute old men contently smiling playing their accordians. Janice and I told ourselves that we were not going to be embarrassed by the touristy act of capturing the beauty of Spain on our cameras; we were simply Amercians that day. By golly we have to buy fotos like that back in the states, we can't just walk down the street and Kodak that Jank, ha. We took pictures of everything! From the virbrant purple eggplants at the food market, to the graffiti on the old cracked and piant chipped walls. It was a glorious day. Spain handed us a free gift that day, with a big fat grin it gave us a big blue ribboned box and said "yup, that's right...Enjoy"...Gracias Espana.



No comments:

Post a Comment