Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Parlez vous Francais


Katie and I went on an adventure this past weekend to a nearby pueblo. We were supposed to go with some friends but the alarm didn't wake us up on time. The alarm clock made us late!! We traveled alone and explored on our own as well which ended up being perfect. It was honestly one of my favorite days and for the most part it was just me and Katie exploring *going down unmarked roads* alone. I love her more all the time!!
Okay, I'm just going to come out with the awesome news... Katie and I used our French on the train.. This was definitely the highlight for me. Luckily, I was able to sit with another French speaker on the way home from the town where I could speak French again. Umm also, there are two girls living in our house for a few days from.. FRANCE! We totally spoke French to them at dinner as well. For the passed two days I have woken up to the sound of French girls getting ready and gone to bed to the sound of giggling Frenchies. They're 14 and 15. I definitely consider all of this to be a sign. I'm moving on to conquer French next..! Maybe I'll study abroad in Canada. The dreams just keep coming, anything is possible ;) Thank you Longwood University for requiring language majors to take four levels of another language! I love French.

Back to our adventure.. Pictures tell the story best:













Tonight I have tutoring again and I'm still loving it. Keep Juan Luis in mind. He's having a hard time getting over the fact that I only have 10 classes total in a week and he has 31. "That's double.. NO TRIPLE.. NO MORE THAN TRIPLE what you have in a week!" he said as he put his hand on his shaking head. The poor kid has to wake up at 7 for six classes and I wake up at 9 for two.. He was very angry to find out that I don't go to school on Friday. He even gave ME homework to do on my excursion. The kid is funny. We were going over future tenses Monday night and he said, "I will be president of the United States. I will have a lot of money. I will give you a little bit." How generous spaniards are...

Okay, that's all I have for now. Katie posted some more pictures on Facebook. I'm gonna go for a run before our 12:00 class.

Word of the day: La oruga -- the caterpillar Why do I know that?? I have no clue.. But, now you know!

~Janice

1 comment:

  1. Oh Janice! How I miss you and your silly sayings and funny phrases!
    Come home to me!
    But still keep having fun! (:

    ReplyDelete