Monday, February 7, 2011

My loves...

This week I have fallen in love with many things, some of them not being my first time falling, but more like a renewing or expanding of my love...such as my love for music. This weekend me, janice, and Dani got to go and see the Salsbury Orchestra play along with their choir. It was quite a fiasco getting to our free tickets and our awesome seats....but when we finally sat down the audience started clapping for the classy, gray haired director. My body completely became still. He took a bow and the audience immediately silenced themselves. He raised his little stick and his students formed into position with their instruments. Then it happened.....it´s always hard to describe the sensation I get when I hear music I love. My hair stands up on my arms, my heart sinks, and I completely focus all my attention to what is being played. The orchestra played three long pieces and then when they were done the choir stood. I had never heard a choir that large sing with a orchestra before....it was love at first sight. I watched the tenors and altos open their mouths to form the vowels properly.....the bass scrunch their chins going as low as their diaphrame can let them. I walked out of that concert hall....content. I think this was just a week of music....I have really been trying to expand my spanish playlist and I have found some great songs! So here is my list of songs:
1. Enrique Iglesias and Luis Guerra - cuando me enamoro
2. Shakiera - Loca, Gitana
3. Te Extrano
4. Ricky Martin feat Natalia Jemenez - lo mejor de mi vida eres tu
5. Calos Baute
This is only a taste.....Enjoy my friends....disfrute!
Another thing that I am always doing but this week it seemed to really be a HOt topic....is of course my amazing family! This week me and Janice have stayed up late everynight pillowtalking about our funny family stories and the tough family stories and so on....its been a great bonding experience. I got to tell Janice my little testimony about josh and about how strong and amazing my family has become since his accident....It never gets old telling that story, I think its because its such an important thing to tell people how real and alive God is through the worst of times. I think we should always cherrish him in our darkest and crapiest times...haha. I could def go all day about how much I adore my family, my goofy brothers, my adorable and beautiful sister-in law, my amazing mother that I consider my hero, of course I am a daddys girl...so that says enough about him...haha.
So me and Janice have been able to find time to do our devo time here in Spain, and let me tell you something, that girl loves the Lord! She has put a new and refreshing love of searching christ in my heart! So this is my little shout out slash thank you to Janice Madena Lithicum...who has a beautiful name....haha.
This past week me and janice have successfully met our first cool spanish student, her name is Marina and she is precious. We went out for some drinks this past weekend and I totally fell in love with this girl! She was absolutely adorable and we sat and talked in Castillian for 4 hours or more. Which those of you who dont know what Castillian is, its a certian dialect they use here in Spain. There are many different types of spanish in the good old country of spain, lucky me...haha. Marina told us that she hadnt been talking to us in Valenciano, me and janice were like....HECK YEAH, take that Spain! haha.
Another love I have is the book, Eat, Pray, Love.....this book was written for the hearts of all the travelors, wanna be travelors, and soon to be travelors.
Well I hope you take the music suggestion seriously... ; )

Kate
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment