Monday, March 14, 2011

30 Minutes to shred

I have officially come to LOVE our host mom. Around her daughter, she can get quite overwhelming. There is something about their relationship that we can't figure out but everything gets a little bit more intense when Maria Jesus -the daughter- is in the room.

The other day I got dressed for a run just to go outside to find it raining. When I came back inside momma Española said "It's raining outside! Come in, there's a health program on!" I entered to living room to see our mother standing in front of the TV where some women doing arm workouts. She tells me how to stand with one foot in front of the other; I did as I was told. Then as she notices the weight in the women's hands, she looks around the room and reaches for the candle and radio sitting next to her TV. With a 1970s radio in my hand and a vanilla candle in my mother's, we continue to swing our arms. Stretched out first to be even with the back leg and then with the front. Next, with our arms extended straight down, we lift our shoulders tightly and release. These were the only two exercises the women did, however we continued to work out through the first half of the program. When she released me from my workout I finished watching the program with her. Eventually she went upstairs to be with a friend at which point I switched the channel to watch scrubs in Spanish. Needless to say, I woke up sore the next day!

Ya está,
Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment