Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What the French toast is in this soup??

Meal times around here in our new home are quite interesting. Breakfast is our favorite meal. She serves us coffee with cookies to dip in our coffee and little muffins. The coffee here is the best I've ever had. Every morning we just wish she would give us a to go cup full instead of the literal cup of coffee. Lunch and dinner are always about the same. Esperanza, our mom, is always trying to feed us healthy food and telling us what's good and bad for us. She loves putting tomatoes in front of us and telling us to eat them all. I HATE tomatoes... Conversations are getting easier and along with health, she loves politics. Everyday she has something new to say about Obama. Needless to say, meals are a lesson in themselves.

For dinner one night we had what can only be descrived as fish soup. While our mother ate hers she casually removed bone particles from her mouth. In the middle of dinner she asks us if we want "tostada français". We both excitedly say "Sì, por favor" and begin kicking each other under the table. To us, french toast at this point would be like winning the lottery. Not to mention it does happen to be one of my favorites. We continue eating our soup when she returns with eggs and put it on a piece of bread. For future Spain travelers, tostada français is NOT French toast... Major. Let. Down!

1 comment:

  1. OH I miss you guys sooo soo much!!! I love readin your blog...I can just hear you when I read!..and it makes me miss ya'll more. Tell Katie that I have already thought of great April Fool's jokes with no one to play them on!

    ReplyDelete