Friday, January 28, 2011

Snacks and Maps.

The snacks we snuck into our house. That night we had dessert for the first time.
Where we ended up after 10 minutes of looking aimlessly for a peluqueria.. The will be no Virginians in Spain getting haircuts today. Next time we'll make sure we really do understand our momma before we leave the house. Lesson learned.
Spanish word for the weekend: Triquiniqui; picky. Our Spanish mother loves that Katie and I like all of the food she makes for us, or atleast say that we do. In the past she has had students with a lot of preferences or dislikes and she has to eat whatever they want. We explained the word picky and asked her for the spanish translation. When she told us this silly word both of us laughed so hard eventually having our mama laugh with us. It was definitely a moment Katie and I can take home with us and always remember. She and I were laughing histarically and our mom grinned from ear to ear. ¡We are definitely not triquiniqui!

The school is closed on Saturdays and Sundays so don't look for another update from the Spanish ladies until Monday atleast.  You also might like to know that we definitely enjoy not having classes on Friday! Have a great weekend followers!

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I am officially a follower of this blog! It is so exciting to read all about what is going on over in espana. I can't believe you guys don't have skype this makes me cry myself to sleep just to let you know. Oh, and my spanish class with geotz or however you spell it is going great we keep singing this song about a girl who doesn't have a boyfriend... I think we need to move on if you know what I mean because it is muy triste... I love and miss you both <3

    ReplyDelete